Aller à la navigation Aller à la recherche
- About 96% of the global diamond production in value terms falls to the share of the market’s leading countries. Top positions as per the cost of produced rough diamonds belong to Russia, Botswana and Canada with the cumulative production exceeding 60% of the world’s total. — (“World diamond market” na eng.alrosa.ru, → dîko mbëtï)
- Technically speaking a "diamond" is either a square or rhombus turned 45 degrees, which is why many people think they are a different shape. — (Réponse de Juneed Khan sur la page « Is a diamond considered a polygon? », quora.com, → dîko mbëtï)
- The four suits in a deck of cards are clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades.
- Diamond suited cards' value are one more than written on the card (i.e. a 3 of diamonds id the same as a 4 of any suit; a 10 of diamonds is the same as a Jack of any suit; therefore, the ace of diamonds is the highest card.) — (Danny Patterson, « Diamonds », pagat.com, 23 Mbängü 1998 → dîko mbëtï)
- Because there is no flangeway gap to cross on the higher-trafficked line, vehicles using this line can cross the diamonds at the maximum speed allowed by the track design. — (“Diamond Crossings - O.W.L.S. Crossing Design” na voestalpine.com, → dîko mbëtï)
- But starting in the 1960s, stadiums across the country began being built using a circular “cookie-cutter” design that could more easily accommodate both a gridiron and a diamond. — (Matt Bonesteel, « It’s the bottom of the ninth for Raiders games on a baseball field », The Washington Post, 12 septembre 2019 → dîko mbëtï)
- The baseball diamond is defined by two lines, called foul lines, which meet at home plate and extend outward, perpendicular to each other. — (Kevin Bonsor, Joe Martin, « How Baseball Works », HowStuffWorks, → dîko mbëtï)
- The easiest way to find first and third base is to use two tape measures. Stretch one tape from second base stake toward the first base line and the second tape from the back tip of home plate toward first base area. The point where the two tapes cross at the 90-foot mark is the back corner of the bases. Repeat this step to find third base. A baseball diamond is actually a 90-foot square. — (“Baseball Field Layout and Construction” na baseball-almanac.com, → dîko mbëtï)
- For jewellery making purposes and precision holes in precious stone we recommend using the small diamond drill bits which have a solid, flat end, or tip. — (“12 Things You should Know about Diamond Drill Bits” na eternaltools.com, 15 septembre 2017 → dîko mbëtï)
- In Minecraft, a diamond pickaxe is one of the many tools that you can make. It is the most durable of all of the pickaxes which means that it will last the longest before being destroyed. A diamond pickaxe has attack damage of +5 when used as a weapon. — (“How to make a Diamond Pickaxe in Minecraft” na digminecraft.com, → dîko mbëtï)
- Stunning diamond jewelry, such as diamond necklaces and diamond earrings, are classic favorites. — (“Diamond Fashion Jewelry” na jared.com, → dîko mbëtï)
- Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee began solemnly with a family Thanksgiving service at Windsor Castle on Sunday, June 20, 1897, the 60th anniversary of her inheritance of the throne. — (Christopher Klein, « Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee », history.com, 5 Föndo 2012 → dîko mbëtï)
- Currently two diamond anniversaries are celebrated – one at 60 and one at 75 years. The 75th anniversary is the original diamond anniversary and the 60th was added when Queen Victoria (English Empire Monarch) celebrated her Diamond Jubilee on her 60th anniversary of accession to the throne in 1897. — (“Anniversary” na corporate.hallmark.com, → dîko mbëtï)
- Diamonded pendant.
- Karan, Elke, Kêtê bakarî tî Sängö: Farânzi, Angelëe na Yângâ tî Zâmani, 1st ed., 1995 → dîko mbëtï